Why Shop Small and Local?
We've all seen a big push for people to shop locally this Christmas but why is it so important? Here's our top five reasons why we should all be trying to shop local and the best resources to help you do it!
1. It boosts the local economy - Money spent locally all goes back into local services, creates jobs and helps support the recovery of the country.
2. A more personal service - small business owners care deeply about every sale and they will want you to have the best experience.
3. It's better for the environment - less travel from creator to consumer and many of these businesses are also very planet conscious of their packaging, materials and processes.
4. Unique - Many local services offer personalisation for gifts and a handmade, unique touch that make for beautiful presents for your loved ones.
5. Convenience - Because they're local, many businesses offer local delivery or collection. Many also offer gift wrapping services!
Convinced? Great, now for the how:
1. We have created our own gift guide covering Sussex with categories to make it easy to find what you're looking for: https://stonesthrow.work/christmas-gift-guide You can also read our blog about the thinking behind it.
2. Clair at Crowborough Families has a festive directory for businesses even closer to home: https://www.crowboroughfamilies.co.uk/shop
3. Heathfield has a directory of fab businesses too called Think.Heathfield with a dedicated offers section for those who love a local bargain! https://thinkheathfield.co.uk/
4. There are a number of Christmas markets on Facebook going on in the county including:
Please like and follow any businesses that tickle your fancy and buy your Christmas gifts from them where you can. Watch out for our advent calendar showcasing 24 of the businesses on our gift guide throughout December.
Join us in supporting small and local and help make a big difference.